(LOS ANGELES) — Opening nationwide on Friday:
* Happy Death Day — A college student — played by La La Land‘s Jessica Rothe — is forced re-live the day of her murder over and over again until she discovers her killer’s identity. Also starring Shameless‘ Ruby Modine and Israel Broussard. Rated PG-13.
* The Foreigner — Jackie Chan stars as a businessman, whose long-buried past as a Navy Seal erupts when his daughter is killed in an act of terrorism. His search for the terrorists leads to a game of cat-and-mouse with a government official, whose past may hold the clues to the killers’ identities. Pierce Brosnan also stars. Rated R.
* Professor Marston & the Wonder Woman — Based on the true story of Wonder Woman creator Charles Moulton — a.k.a. Dr. William Marston — and his wife Elizabeth — played by Luke Evans and Rebecca Hall, respectively — and their relationship with Olive Byrne, portrayed by Bella Heathcote. Rated R.
Opening in limited release on Friday:
* Marshall — 42‘s Chadwick Boseman stars in this biopic centering on a young Thurgood Marshall — the first African-American Supreme Court Justice — as he battles through one of his career-defining cases. Josh Gad, Kate Hudson and Sterling K. Brown co-star. Rated PG-13.
* Breathe — Planet of the Apes‘ Andy Serkis makes his directorial debut in this inspiring story of Robin Cavendish, who, after being diagnosed with polio at the age of 28 and given only months to live, devotes the rest of his life to helping fellow patients. Starring Andrew Garfield, Diana Rigg and Tom Hollander. Rated PG-13.
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.